Are you documenting Adult Day Support correctly? Here is some information that may be helpful:
“Adult Day Support” means provision of regularly scheduled activities such as assistance with acquisition, retention or improvement of self- help, socialization and adaptive skills that enhance the individual’s social development and performance of daily community living.
“Service Documentation” means all records and information, including those created or maintained electronically, created and maintained at the same time as the delivery of services, and kept in a manner as to fully disclose the nature and extent of services delivered.
Service Documentation shall include the following:
(1) Type of service.
(2) Date of service.
(3) Place of service.
(4) Name of individual receiving service.
(5) Medicaid ID number of individual receiving service.
(6) Name of provider.
(7) Provider identifier/contract number.
(8) Written or electronic signature of the person delivering the service, or initials of the person delivering the service if a signature and corresponding initials are on file with the provider.
(9) Description and details of the services delivered that directly relate to the services specified in the approved Individual Service Plan as the services to be provided.
(10) Times the delivered service started and stopped.
(11) Number of units of the delivered service.
The Billing Units, Service Codes and Payment Rates for Adult Day Support can be found in Appendix A at https://dodd.ohio.gov/forms-and-rules/rules-in-effect/5123-9-17.
Each county has a different Cost of Doing Business (CODB) for Adult Day Support. See more in Appendix B at https://dodd.ohio.gov/forms-and-rules/rules-in-effect/5123-9-17.
To see all the Home and Community-Based Services rules, follow this path:
- DODD FORMS & RULES,
- Rules in Effect,
- Chapters 5123-9 & 5123:2-9 Home and Community-Based Services Waivers.
To make sure you are following the Adult Day Services rules properly, and earning every dollar you deserve, contact MBS today!